Unnecessary ABS activation

I have 93 4WD Explorer XLT.

I recently replaced the front rotors, calipers and wheel bearings(Parts were cheap and I had some free time). I then had the brakes bled and the system aligned at a shop. Everything seemed to be working fine until a few weeks later and the ABS system starts activating under normal driving conditions. Usually dry level pavement. Has become a bit scary b/c vehicle won't stop normally and heavy pedal pressure and/or a rest period for the brakes is required for stopping. When the ABS does not engage the brakes seem to work fine with no shimmy and sufficient power.

Any help is welcome. Also returning to the shop is out of the question as I have since relocated to Colorado from Texas.

Thanks, J

Reply to
Jason

Purely a guess but since it happened after you replaced the rotors I would suspect that there is a problem with the sensors being able to sense the toothed ring on the rotor Maybe the sensors need to be a little bit closer to the ring, assuming they are adjustable at all. Or perhaps they are dirty and need to be wiped off.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Yes I used a torque wrench to load the bearings and there was no play in the wheels.

Jason