03 Crown Vic - spontaneous glass breakage

Well, I didn't know what else to call it. Wednesday night, was crusing the interstate in the rented Hertz 03 Crown Vic. Not much traffic around and suddenly .... BOOM! the driver window shatters, sending a gazillion chunks of glass all over me. I never saw any road debri. Was wondering if glass can just do this all on its own? Police came out, did a quick report finding nothing suspicious. State Farm agent didn't seem to think anything of it. By the way, that Vic was sweet. Nice big car.

Reply to
DriveSpy

Were you driving in the Columbus, OH area?

Reply to
Jimz466

No. But I'll say that the first thought that crossed my mind was ... bullet.

Reply to
DriveSpy

Reply to
Stan Kasperski