1975 Ford F-250 360 cid

the original engine had "soft" valve seats to run on leaded gas. Today with no leaded gas avalable, The seats must be "hard" seats on the rebuild. My question is,When I order a remanufactured, to replace the original, can I assume that the replacement engine will have the "hard" seats? Daniel Johnson snipped-for-privacy@msn.com

Reply to
martin255

Two things can go on here. The person taking the order might have the savvy to ask what you want, or you can tell them up front what you want. To avoid the anger of getting the wrong part the second option is probably the best.

Bill

Reply to
Berkshire Bill

or you can dig around and get the casting numbers for the newer heads and make suer you ask for the proper spec heads......OR spens around

1500 bux on a set of edelbrock aluminum heads and a further 4-500 on an intake and lighten up your engine significantly AND make better power
Reply to
Rob

Thought by 75 all cars and pickups were set up for unleaded fuel??

Al

Reply to
Big Al