1991 Ford Escort CV Joint problems and questions.

My CV joint broke on my 1991 Ford Escort GT. When I removed the wheel and finally got the CV joint free from the spindle, I noticed that..."Hrmm...how the
heck am I going to get the other end out"...So I begin to explore around, and find out that the other end is in the transmission! :x Please, if you have any information regarding how I could take the axle out of the vehicle, let me know...
Ty very much for your time, and i'll be looking forward to your replies
Peace \,,\/,,/
If it's a UK fwd car, the driveshaft just pulls out, there's a spring clip around the shaft which locates in a groove, give it a sharp tug and out it pops. Be careful if you try to lever it out 'cos it's real easy to break the gearbox cover. Also be prepared to lose a bit of gearbox oil.