cv joint

Hi,

just had the 1.2 corsa 1999 MOT'ed and it failed on: 2.5.c.1a - nsf and osf cv joint gaiter insecurely mounted to housing.

Can anyone give me an estimate of the cost? Just had various other thin

Car has only done 35k... Is it odd that they fail that early? Anyway I can check this myself, I dont have a ramp or anything but I've got a pair of eyes and hands :)

Reply to
barry

The message from barry contains these words:

Sounds like the cabletie-like things have come off. Replace with cable-tie like things, but make sure there's some grease in their first.

Reply to
Guy King

Common problem.

Easiest and most reliable fix is to replace the original ties (if they're still there), with big hose clips. Not the prettiest of repairs, but I've not seen any come off, unlike the replacement ties.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill