1992 Taurus GL 4D trunk won't close

Hi! I have a 1992 4D Taurus GL, and the trunk won't close! Well it closes sometimes, but when I leave it for a few hours, I come back and the trunk is open. Then, when I try to close it, it won't close until
I pull the trunk release switch. Even then the trunk still might not close, and it will just come open again if it does close. Please help me!