2000 sable drive train noise

Had the car to a dealer, says he can't hear the noise I do.
Seems to be drive train, possible wheel bearing?
Starts at 30mph. I hear it until 60mph where road noise drowns it out.
Sounds like a light grinding.
Checked temp at each wheel, front same, rear same.
If it was a bearing I would think one may be elevated.
jerryray wrote:

Not necessarily. Do an imaginary slalom course (within reason) and listen to see if the noise changes. Sables/Taurus have a reputation for front wheel bearings failing prematurely.
Sorry I don't understand "imaginary slalom course"
Kruse wrote:

jerham wrote:

Drive the car down a deserted highway at the speed where it makes noise. Yank the steering wheel to the left and to the right like you were driving around some orange cones. (A slalom course) Does the noise change when you are doing this? If so, you probably have a noisy wheel bearing. Understand?
OK, understand, from what I remember it did not change.
I jacked up the rear, spund the tires, very quiet, no drag or noise.
Jacked each side in the front, car out of park, spun the wheels but could not hear any noise.
Kruse wrote:

Often, I will ask that a customer take me for a ride so that they can establish the noise and the conditions required to recreate it.... Not all shops will offer even this small effort to ensure customer satisfaction... if they don't, it may be time to finc a new store...

Jim Warman wrote:

Yup. Which reminds me of a story my auto mechanics teacher told me 25 years ago. (To set the story mood, I must tell you he was old at the time and his story was 25 years old, so this happened 50+ years ago) A lady customer came into the Ford shop where he was a tech. Er, mechanic. The word "tech" probably wasn't in use yet as to describe a mechanic. Anyway, her car would't run right. Mechanic after mechanic looked at it and it always ran right for them. When there was a problem that couldn't be found or fixed it was always turned over to him. (So he said) Anyway, he finally told the lady that he wanted to ride with her so maybe the problem could be duplicated. The lady started the car up and took off (with him being the passenger) and as they were driving away from the shop, she pulled the choke out so she could hang her purse on it!! Anyway, problem solved all because he rode with her instead of just listening to her tell of her problems.