Train Noise

I have a 2000 Turbo Diesel Beetle and when I reach 3000 rpm I hear a whistle that sounds like a train whistle. Has any one experience this and can tell me what may be causing this. I havn't notice any change in performance.

Reply to
Ken Wagner

either your turbo bearings are going out or you may just have a tiny air leak in your intake maifold. Ya just might wanna try to re-tourqe everything turbo related or with the car running mix up some dish detergent and water-put that in a spray bottle-and spray your manifolds with the engine at high rpms. If no bubbles from air leaks are seen go get a beer and call a mechanic

cruspeed

Reply to
cruspeed