2001 Taurus extened warranty

Hi everyone,
I wanted to know your opinion on - if it is a good idea to buy Ford's ESP warranty. I own a 2001 Taurus wagon and have some minor factory warranty
work done which include:
- replacement both outer CV boots - replacement of driver side transmission seal for the drive shaft - exterior paint of one side of the car due to bad factory painting - rear window adjustment because of some rain water leaks
Now I am running out of the factory warranty (i am at 53,000km / 3yrs) and wonder if I should take up an offer from the dealership to extend the warranty to 7yrs (4 more years)/150,000km? It wont be as good as the factory warranty since there is a $100 deductable and the cost is $2500.- CDN + Taxes. Apparently there are 500 part covered, but i am not sure if these parts are really relevant in breakdowns. I wonder if anyone can tell me from own experience if it is a good or bad idea to take such warranty?
Thank you in advance Lutz

factory
from
Lutz, There are several versions of ESP. New car ESP has 4 versions and can be purchased up to 18,000 miles/18 months from the original in service date. It sounds like the dealer is selling you a used-vehicle ESP. It sounds very expensive for what you will get. The first two items on your list should be covered, but the second two surely will not. Aside from an engine or transmission replacement, I can't see you making out on this, except for the peace of mind that any major repair will only be $100. Double check exactly what will be covered before you buy, ask the service department, not the sales guy.
I agree with Michael O. The cost sounds high so see what exactly is covered and make sure the plan you buy is right for you. Maybe you can negotiate a lower price at another dealer. I have had a total of 4 Tauruses in 13 years, and have two now. I have always bought the extended warranty from Ford, and in some cases they have covered what would have been very expensive repairs. I never had a problem with Ford honoring a covered repair, and on at least one occasion had a repair done at a dealer several hundred miles from home when my kids had the car at college. Consider it relatively cheap insurance.

ESP
and
can
date.
very
be
the
exactly
Thank you both very much for the reply.
The price I mentioned was in CDN dollars, so that would be equivalent to approximately $1750.- US (0.7 exch. rate). Michael, this plan is for new cars and they told me that i cannot engage into any other extended warranty once my factory warranty runs out. The price quoted was the maximum coverage (PremiumCare 500 parts, 150k km, 7years total). I could ask for lower coverages and/or higher deductables. Sofar I too have good experiences with the Taurus as this is my second one. I have a friend working in that dealership as mechanic. However it seems that mechanics are not allowed to give their realistic opinions out to customers (and even friends sometimes), because in the end its all business, right? I usually refrain from advise given by service advisors. They dont know the state of my vehicle as good as the mechanic does and they seem to be hardly driven to make money. Unfortunately all the ESP is handled by the sales department, so they are even further away from your vehicle.
I do want some peace of mind, but not to the dissappointment that I might find out much later, that whatever breaks is not covered, or I have to pay additionally for partial labour that is not covered. The small print suggests that for example all service adjustments are not covered. This can be open to interpretation, like what is a "service adjustment"? A big part of almost any work on the car could be attributed to that. If for instance the tie rod ends need replacement, the associated wheel alignment is not covered... and the $100 deductable wont apply.
Thank you again Lutz

warranty
+
these