2001 Taurus remote starter programming mode

Hi All,
I cant get my 2001 Taurus SEL to enter "programming mode" for the remote starter remotes. I have found a small black push button near hood release
with a small red led next to it. Pushing and holding button for 15 seconds doesnt do anything. Red LED does not flash. Locks dont cycle. Flashing interior light 10 times does nothing. Turning ignition ON ten times does nothing.
Remotes are FCC: GOH-M24 with Ford logo on them. Seperate from remote for locking and unlocking doors. Used to work fine - until batteries died in remote.
Anybody else know any more "tricks" or have some tips?
Shawn... snipped-for-privacy@lukaschuk.com