Fiesta Ghia 2001 remote key programming

I had to replace the battery in the key recently and guess that it now needs reprogramming or recognising by the central locking system so it will work remotely again. Have found instructions for the Mondeo but nothing for mine. Any ideas, or will the Ford dealer charge a sensible price to do it?

Reply to
Mr Guest

Switch Ignition On 4 times within 6 seconds Switch Ignition Off, Remove Key

Programming mode activated

Proceed as follows: Press & release any button Audible warning will be heard Repeat for all Keys with 10 seconds

To Exit Programming mode: Switch Ignition On or Wait 20 Seconds

Reply to
A C

A C wrote (apparently) in uk.rec.cars.maintenance on Sun 03 Dec 2006

21:16:12:

Hmm, nothing happening when trying that, certainly no audible warning. Have checked the battery and it's just over 3V so no problem there, none of the notes I've read about the LED next to the clock staying on seem to happen either, it continues to blink as normal when there's no key in the ignition. Thanks for the suggestion, will try again when it's not dark and raining and see if I have more luck.

Reply to
Mr Guest

Mr Guest wrote (apparently) in uk.rec.cars.maintenance on Sun 03 Dec 2006 21:42:06:

It's the older style Fiesta if that makes any difference, have tried about ten times whilst I could see what was happening but no indication of it wanting to work.

Reply to
Mr Guest

Is it an Infra Red or an RF key?

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

Tony Brett wrote (apparently) in uk.rec.cars.maintenance on Sat 09 Dec 2006 16:14:15:

Seems to have some sort of LED-like thing inside when the key's opened but no aperture for it to shine through, no sensor(s) in the car either, so guess it's RF. It's the rounded Fiesta key with circular unlock/lock/boot buttons on it.

I've never heard an audible warning from the car so wondered about that bit being right anyway, but thought it worth a try. Now we're having this icy rain I'd like to have the car unlocked so I can leap in without getting drenched, so any other suggestions welcome.

Reply to
Mr Guest