2002 Crown Vic

My 2002 Crown Vic starts alarming at night - not the beep beep beep of the horn when you push the remote - but a wah wah wah. When I push the alarm on
the remote, I get the beep beep beep. When I push it again, it silences.
I installed a new battery in the car. I have not replaced the remotes' batteries.