2005 Ford Escape Oil Pan Bolt Torque to High?

Recently tried to do my own oil change on my Escape. I tried to unbolt the plug drain (15 mm bolt) and found that I couldn't budge the bolt. I will bring it back to the mechanic who did the last oil change and
ask why this bolt needs to be torqued so high. This is an aluminum pan and I was afraid that I would crack the aluminum if I applied too much torque. Anyone have experience with this? Someone mentioned to me that the dissimlar materials causes the bolt to freeze up like what I have experienced.

There is no way you will crack the pan if you are using a 3/8 drive ratchet and it's only about 9 inches long. I would worry more about rounding the bolt.
Whoever changed your oil didn't want to be responsible for your bolt falling out and draining your oil on the highway.
An Escape isn't old enough for dissimilar metals to freeze together, especially if you have had the oil changed in the last couple years.

From my experience, just the opposite. Similar metals will freeze up. On occasion we used aluminum bolts and nuts at work and they were notorious for galling and seizing. It should come apart with some effort but be very sure the threads are clean and in good shape before re-installing.