351windsor crankshaft rear oil journal diameter

Hey NG,
Im loosing oil from the rear 2ps seal (pre-80), the crankshaft's rear oil journal have the oil-groves like this ////, but since this is for my boat
and i have turned running directions it needs to be like this \\\\. So insteed of pushing the oil in, it pulls the oil out :-( the only thing i didnt notice then i rebuild the engine to a marine engine.
Im an mashinist so im gonna fix it with an SKF SpeedySleeve (making it smooth, releing on the reverse rotating seal) or make a bruusing with the correct grooves. Does any of you nice Ford people have the correct measurament for the crankshaft's rear oil-journal (in metric if possible) ?
Best Leon, Denmark www.fourwinds.dk

This is purely theory, but have you considered just replacing the 2-piece seal with a rope type seal? Some of us hot-rodders had good luck (stopping leaks & then it became std.oper. proced. when rebuilding) doing that with the old engines that rotated backwards from yours. The grooves may do the same thing w/rope seals they do with the 2-piece: I don't know. sdlomi2

rope won`t help when the rotation is wrong. the grooves have to pull the oil away not toward the seal. KB
--
Thunder Snake #9
"Protect" your rights or "lose" them.

Correct, the oil is currently pulled toward the seal. I have heard of the rope trick, but im a bit worried that the high rev. that a marine engine is running will burn the rope.
It is not a big problem for me to fix, but before i take the engine apart and put the crank in the lathe, crimp on the new brusing (with the grooves facing the right way) and grind it to the original diameter, I would like to be certain to have the correct diameter :-) so I dont wast 3-4days of work again.