Replacing rear end crankshaft oil seal

I have a rear (gearbox) end crankshaft oil seal that needs replacing on my Rover 420 (petrol). So I can figure out how to do it, and how long it is going to take, can anybody give me some idea of the things that have to be done to get at it? For instance, how much work is involved in getting the gearbox clear, and getting the clutch off?

Cheers, Andy.

Reply to
Andy

it may be easier to take the engine out

Reply to
MrCheerful

It's not generally much more work than changing the clutch so do a Google on that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)