$5 gallon gas wont't stop worlds most thirsty SUV

Page 1 of 2
Our Leader will not hangar and throw away the key to his Boeing 747, the worlds most fuel thirsty personal SUV. Think about that next time you think its your duty to break our "addiction to oil." Mr. Bush is
ever-ready to remind us of our "duty," usually before he flies off in Air Force One to deliver a self-serving political speech. His SUV will burn more fossil fuel in one day's time than you could in your full-size Hummer in 200 years.
The plan was to conquer Iraq, getting rid of bad guy Saddam, and pump their oil into our pipelines. It didn't work, of course, despite the enthusiasm to that plan by all the Iraqis, because our military machine is the biggest single CONSUMER, not provider, of oil. Shut down the War and you will see gas prices retrench due to the oil consumption savings alone.
If the United States government would invest a year's worth of money-down-the-drain for this lash-out-at-anyone-illegal (all undeclared wars are illegal to a Strict Constructionist) war, we could build the coal-to-oil conversion plants we need to become energy self-sufficient.
Please repost this message to all 104,000 newsgroups.
I don't understand your and many others' obsession with getting the US's (or 'the West's') hands on Iraqi oil as a justification for the invasion.
There was no hindrance to Iraqi oil flowing westwards.
DAS
"Nomen Nescio" < snipped-for-privacy@dizum.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@dizum.com...
It actually made things worse.
Realistically I dont think most americans gave a rats ass about the atrocities being commited against the Iraqi people by Saddams government.
Saddam would still be in power today if in 1990 he hadn't invaded Kuwait, and instead started selling his oil, and even before that if he hadn't started a war with Iran. But crazy Dictators tend to ruin things for themselves.

Paradox wrote:

Iraq had a war against Iran - Iraq was supported by the USA for several reasons - one of which was revenge because of the destruction of the US embassy in Iran and the taking of the US hostages.
As Iraq fought Iran, Iraq's oil infrastructure collapsed and they couldn't pump oil. Iraq struck a deal with Saudi Arabia and Kuwait: They would pump Iraq's OPEC oil quota with their own oil, and give that money to Iraq as a sort of loan.
Later, Kuwait wanted that money paid back, and started doing serious things in the financial world against Iraq. Iraq told the USA that they were going to invade Kuwait, and the USA didn't tell them not to.
The USA let Iraq invade Kuwait, because that would allow the USA to "rescue" Kuwait and Kuwait would "owe" the USA for that. As a result, the USA got bases and troops in Kuwait.
But wait. The USA wasn't done yet. Operation "Desert Shield" was a ruse played against Saudi Arabia to get them to "invite" US troops in to protect them. The US showed the Saudia's fake satellite photos showing that Iraq was massing troops and tanks along the Iraq-SA boarder. There was no such build-up, but the US needed to instill fear and desperation to get the Saudi's to allow the US to station troops in their country. The troops never left, and that was one of the reasons why muslim/islamic anti-US sentiment built up and led to the 9-11 attacks (the infidels were allowed into the holy land).
Operation Desert Storm had turned a friendly Iraq (ie Saddam) into an enemy. What the US gained was a military foot-hold into Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Then they turned the screws on Saddam, but it was taking too long and there was no obvious reason to commence hostile action against Iraq, and eventually the USA invented a reason to invade Iraq in order to install a US-friendly gov't (along with more military bases). That situation has "blown up" in the face of US planners, and it's not clear how it's going to play out.
The surrounding Arab countries have a lot at stake to see that it doesn't work, for if it doesn't then the US would learn a lesson - that they don't really have enough resources or the ability to re-engineer a country (an arab country).
Iran is now handing the USA a reason to invade them too (uranium enrichment) but it's too early to play that card right now. It can wait until the Dem's have had their turn in the whitehouse (to put the US back into financial order) after which the next republican administration will invade Iran because the lax democrats have allowed them to become a "gathering threat" against the US.
Meanwhile, US citizens are experiencing (effectively) a tax on oil/gasoline that is equivalent to what CDN's and Europeans pay. Instead the tax is going into the pockets of the oil industry, and they can pay their exec's $400 million in retirement packages now. Americans will have to just spend less at Walmart - and China will cry about that.

Yes, he would.

That's right

LET?!!! Now that is taking things a bit far into the Whoo--eee-ooo realm

There wasnt? then what the hell did we do all that killing against?

Oh, those sad little Muslims!

Tell ya what... you had the things right there for a while and now you're into "WE are the enemy" trilateral commission stuff.
You Pat Buchanan and Nomen... what a trio.
How about this... we deport any arab, persian, back to where they came from? Sound reasonable? Then we dont have any troops in Islamic lands.
And we nuke the shit out of em if..
you pay..DEAL with it!
MoPar Man wrote:
Ha, ha, ha... What a vivid imagination. It is amazing what two lonely brain cells can come up with when they have nothing else to do.
Matt
Patriotism is blind, isin't it Matt?

Dont reply to a drive-by, with just more snark... take on somebody that can debate you!
Like I said.. you started out with actual facts, though spun a little; including April Glaspie, then took off into conspiracy-land!
If you aint the guts to take me and a couple others on here, then go hang with your chums on DU:
quote: the levers of democracy are too weak to take these traitors down. The Criminal Bush Regime must be physically removed. The protesters in D.C. need to push up against the White House gates in a mass mob to actually threaten this P.O.S.
Enough said for now... I've just about had it, and this country really needs to ORGANIZE and PROTEST!!! It's now high time to get SERIOUS. -unquote
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with no more ostrich-ized anti-
war pap.
MoPar Man wrote:

It can be, to be sure, but not nearly so much as paranoia.
Matt
You and Pat Clancy need to collaborate on a novel.
Interesting bit of fantasy / fiction.

mistake of attacking Iraq. Saddam was openly supporting the Palestine terrorist bombers, paying US$25,000 per bomber to their Mother's.

Don't forget the USA was upset with Iran then after the Religious types took over Iran and kicked the USA out.
The Kuwait war was history, but Saddam was increasingly attacking the Kurds and the USA and British airplanes which were trying to protect the Kurds, by establishing a no fly zone over them. It just happens that about 60% of Iraq's oil is under Kurdish terrority.
Spam Hater wrote:

Heh heh! But as those crazy liberals will tell you, Sadam had no ties to terrorism. :)

"Terrorist" is Saddams middle name. Mostly perpetrated against fellow muslims. However, it's been long established that Saddam had no ties to Osama Bin Laden...one of Bush's reasons why we had to rush to war with Iraq. Bush called him an "evil doer". About the only thing he got right.
Dave
Hairy wrote:

12 years of U.N. b.s. is rushing? Odd, and not a very intelligent statement. Once again - the U.N. was totally ineffective due to main players(France, Russia) and Kofi Anan's son profiteering.

I guess you didn't catch any of the news conferences where Bush said that we HAVE to act NOW, no time for the inspectors to finish their jobs. Oh well, if that's the only thing in my post that you can nit pic, I suppose I'm ahead of the game.
Dave
Hairy wrote:

Oh I see - this is a game. Explains a lot.

It must be for you, since you never respond with anything of substance.
Dave
Hairy wrote:

You obviously haven't been around this ng very long. You're FOS - how's that for substance?

I've been posting here about 5 years. Does it matter?
You're FOS - how's

Just what I've come to expect from you. Your resorting to insults, pathetic as they are, says all that needs to be said.
Dave