89 Grand Marquise LS Gasket leak

Hi,

I have an 1989 Grand Marq LS (5.0 Engine and AOD). I recently changed my valve covers gaskets myself and everything was fine, but now the left valve cover gasket (facing the car) is leaking again. I changed gaskets to original parts from the dealer and I am sure I tightened everything properly. Do I have to change the gaskets again?

Thanks

Pooya

Reply to
Pooya Jalali

What do you think? Bob

Reply to
Bob

Pooya Jalali opined in news:XGiOa.71$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Are you sure your PCV system is in good shape?

With engine idling, a sheet of paper held over the filler should suck down..

This doesnt mean you dont have blowby at speed but if that test fails, you have a serious problem.

The Oil separator screen BELOW the PCV may be clogged with gunk.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I am not sure what you mean by filler. (The engine oil filler spout?). Also could it be my PCV valve (and is easy to change?).

Thanks

Reply to
Pooya Jalali