90 ford ranger

my friend has a 90 ford ranger 2.3l stick shift, the probelm when he goes to start it in the morning it will crank but not start. but when he gets a push it will start, then after that he has no probelm starting
the truck until the next morning when he;s got to have another push to start it. this has been going on for the last 2 months and everybody he;s ask has no answer for him. to many new parts on the truck to list. any advice will be helpfull. thankyou.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Jim Rockford) wrote in

I would venture to guess his fuel pump is draining back or a injector is leaking down. Have him try turning on the key for about 10 seconds then off then on for 10 again about 3 times before cranking. I will bet it starts. KB
--
Thunder Snake #9
"Protect" your rights or "lose" them.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Jim Rockford) wrote:

What's missing when it won't start? Spark Fuel pressure Injector pulse Compression
The ignition module has separate start and run circuits, not saying it's the module (for swapnostics sake) but the entire circuit needs scrutiny.
i usually start at check battery voltage when cranking ,it should be staying above 10 volts when cranking . battery going bad, dirty cable ends,bad starter can get you low voltage when cranking . ,. those fords have some ground wires and pos wires on the battery cable ends too.they need to be clean and tight. im thinking low batt voltage because it seems ok after you push start it and it charges up.of course the other things the other guys said is true too.. lucas.

What is the condition of the battery & starter ? After sitting overnight, does the engine crank over slowly (starter has a tough time overcoming the compression strokes).