92 4.6L Crown Vic K&N cold air intake kit info needed

I am looking for a cold air intake kit for a 92 Crown Vic. According to the K&N site, there is no kit available for that car, in either the Fuel
Injection Performance Kit (FIPK) or the Air Charger Performance Kits. Some other web sites have a kit for a 92 CV, but the pictured kit doesn't seem to fit the model engine I have - the plumbing doesn't look like it will work.
I saw on some V performance site that someone used a Typhoon Air Intake System (made for Imports) on the car, and fabriated a plastic ar box to keep the hot air away from the filter. But I don't know what size Typhoon air filter kit would work on this car.
Any suggestions? Please post them to the group - thanks!
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:39:05 GMT, USENET READER

If you plan to run your engine for a while and want an air filter that will remove contaminants I would advise against K&N.
If you want the cold air intake run it to a fender well and use a large paper filter.
Just my $0.02
PS you could also look at what the police interceptor models used for intake runner/air filters. I'm sure that the pursuit vehicles built by Ford would be set up pretty effectively.
Have you tried finding info at www.crownvic.net ? JR