92 Areostar ignition?

I cannot get the thing to roll over, If I jump it at the solonoid no problem, I checked the ignition start switch and cannot get it to start by jumping at that point unless there is a trick. Does anyone know of a problem
Aerostars had like this or is there something else I should check? PLEASE HELP
Chris Holmes wrote:

go back the wire that comes from the ignition switch to the selenoid... put a test light there and to ground... now have someone turn the key to try to start it.... did the light come on???? if not then the switch is bad, if it light then the switch is good...... and then try the selenoid, is the wire to it tight and bright(no tarnish????).....