92 ford explorer noisey squeak when applying power in drive, not when in neutral...

Any one have some ideas as to what would be causing an annoying squeak whenever the gas pedal is applied & driving?

It does not squeak when in neutral. I checked and filled both transaxel gear boxes. I checked the transmission fluid, full. Replaced the serpentine belt. Checked the waterpump. seemed fine. Cecked the A/C compressor, working fine.

I sprayed the main underbody parts that seemed to be most likely to make movements when accelerating (chassi shifting).

I'm running out of ideas, but the noise is driving me nutty.

JO

Reply to
jojo

Check the exhaust system, especially the spring loaded connections.

Reply to
Michael O