'93 ERG valve location

I need help to locate the ERG valve in my '93 1.9L LX wagon. I have the Haynes manual and it even has a picture. But I can't find it. A co-worker and myself both looked today.
Has anyone replaced theirs? My car failed NOx high and they say that could be a likely cause.
Thanks for your help
Eric opined in

How long have you had the car?
If neither you or the friend can find it, maybe the previous owner was an idiot and removed it.
Since it fits in a large tubing line between the exhaust and intake manifolds, it shouldnt be too hard to find where it is / is not.
You mean EGR valve... Just look for a big mushroom looking thing with a part that can be moved up when you reach under the head of it.