'93 ERG valve location

I need help to locate the ERG valve in my '93 1.9L LX wagon. I have the Haynes manual and it even has a picture. But I can't find it. A co-worker and myself both looked today.

Has anyone replaced theirs? My car failed NOx high and they say that could be a likely cause.

Thanks for your help

Reply to
Eric

Eric opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

How long have you had the car?

If neither you or the friend can find it, maybe the previous owner was an idiot and removed it.

Since it fits in a large tubing line between the exhaust and intake manifolds, it shouldnt be too hard to find where it is / is not.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

You mean EGR valve... Just look for a big mushroom looking thing with a part that can be moved up when you reach under the head of it.

Reply to
Roger