94 Taurus wagon, is it worth it?

120k miles, private seller has taken very good care of it, all power, all stock. He wants 1995$. I need a beach wagon to fit all the toys.
The kicker is the seller hasn't registered it since April. I want to
drive it to a mechanic of mine for a full checkup...and the seller has a guy that can smog it ....hmmmm
I appreciate the comments, please explain!
And which model Taurus would you recommend?
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 07:23:31 GMT, "The Bathtub Admiral"

The Bathtub Admiral opined in

Which would at least be a 95.
This starts the discussion! So what Taurus is safe to buy/or the super winner?
1994 to 1997...
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 03:34:10 -0000, Backyard Mechanic

I've got a 95 LX wagon. Nothing but trouble when we first got it. Replaced or repaired: 1. Transmission, rebuilt by dealer (my cost) 2. Both heads, repaired by dealer (their cost) 3. Replaced radiator (my cost) 4. Replaced waterpump, belt tensioner ( we split the cost) 5. Replaced (3 times) the starter (my cost) 6. Replaced fuel pump (my cost)
It had 22000 miles on it when we bought it, now has 85000. Once everything was fixed, it has been trouble free and a great everyday car. I would love to get something smaller, but you drive what you got.