96 E-250 Speed sensor location

I have a bad speed senor according to the OBDII scanner even though its been reset many times. Could someone please tell me the exact location so I can replace it? Thanks.

Mrplow350 wrote:

Vehicle Speed Sensor- Located in the left side of the transmission tail housing Wheel Speed Sensor (Rear ABS)- In the differential housing Wheel Speed Sensors (4wheel ABS)- Sensor on each front wheel, one in diff housing (or each rear wheel, depending on application).
I believe its the vehicle speed sensor. Thats what it said on the scanner but I will have to double check. I hope its something easy to pop out and put a new one in.

A point for the archives: A sensor cannot be 'reset', Only the code resulting from the PCM seeing a discrepancy can be reset.

The VSS is run off a gear on the output of the transmission. In RWD, it will be located on the 'tailshaft' housing. On FWD, often right above the left side axle drive.
Always inspect the wiring to the VSS as that is frequently the problem.
you pay..DEAL with it!
Thank you for the info. I do understand that it cannot be reset. I took it to a local auto parts dealer and they do free check engine light diagnostic. I will have to go back and double check it again to make sure it is the vehicle speed sensor code. I did take the code and look it up on internet when I had it but I have forgotten it since then.