99 ford escort se station wagon

i have a 99 ford escort escort station wagon with a 2.0 engine the problem i'm having is it has fire and plenty of gas but wo'nt start. help me any idea's..

is the fuel pump running a second or two when you switch ign on? listen near tank.
Suggest might be inertia cutoff switch
you pay..DEAL with it!