99 Ford Taurus SE

I have a 1999 Ford Taurus, and everything was running fine one minute and the next we lost the transaxle. Without warning the car will now not shift into any gear. Is there anyone with knowledge of this condition? What the heck is going on???

Reply to
David

when you shift from Park to drive it does nothing??? what about reverse? is the shift moving and the transmission not doing anything??? maybe its the shift mechanism that is not moving?? open the hoold an look and see and then come back for a question with some info into it...

Reply to
jim

Reply to
David

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Reply to
Thomas Moats

It sounds like what I've heard described is a range indicator or sensor.

try

for more help.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

Dave, I had this problem on my '97 a while ago and it was the shift cable that broke, however when I shifted it I could feel that there was no tension at all on the shifter, so unless you feel no tension, that's probably not your problem.

Hopefully you're lucky and it's something easy and cheap like the TR sensor. Try unplugging and reconnecting the white connector on top of the transmission, that's the main connector for all the solenoids and TFT sensor. Perhaps there's a bad connection or something, it's something that takes a couple seconds to do so might as well check it out.

Reply to
Tom Leser