Air conditioning drain tube ?

Does anyone know where the drain tube for the evaporater goes to the outside of the vehicle ? The problem I am having is, whenever I go for a carwash I get about 1/2 to 1 full litre of water into the passenger front floor area. I'm guessing that this water should be draining through this tube where ever it is. I can't seem to spot it.

Reply to
Tim B

And the car is a . . .? Normally it's on the passenger's side, fairly low on the firewall. Check for a hole there with nothing coming through it- that means the tube got pushed inside. But the water from the car wash may not be from that- I had an old Mustang II that used to leak through the air plenum when it rained hard. The water would slosh up to a spot that rusted through and wet the carpeting. Good luck! Tom F.

Reply to
Tom F.

The car is a 89 Sable 3.0.

Reply to
Tim B

Tim B opined in news:6GAXa.43240$ snipped-for-privacy@news2.telusplanet.net:

That much water shouldnt be getting there in the first place. Check your cowl drains.. probably have leaves or debris clogging them.. they are in each side of the cowl and drain down inside the fender, in front of door.

If you DONT get the water on the floor after running the A/C, that's certainly the problem but it could be clogged now anyway.

It's low on the firewall because it drains the lowest part of heater/evaporator assy.. almost directly below the A/C lines...looks like a little rubber nipple about 1/2 inch through a grommet.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic