Changing Oil in 2005 Escape

Page 2 of 2
opined

Been that way in many or most for more than 20 years... Was in my 84 Mustang BW T-5's
Shouldnt need to change it (AT/MT fluid) unless you stress the tranny. Like in a performance car as in 5.0 mustang
snipped-for-privacy@intertainia.com wrote:

Using AFT in a manual is very common these days. I had a 1983 Mazda that was sold with ATF in the manual transmission. It recommended replacing the ATF with gear oil at 30,000 miles. I did this. The next day I replaced the gear oil with ATF - the thing was a bear to shift with gear oil for a lubricant.
Ed