Check engine light

Hi All,
How do I turn off the check engine light? The car won't pass inspection with it on. I tried disconnecting the battery but nothing happened. I
found some check engine code readers/erasers on EBay here http://stores.ebay.com/OneSmartMove
Has anyone tried similar one?
Thanks,
In article
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Turning off the check engine light is really easy; the first thing you need to do is to stop spamming your e-bay store on usenet.

YEAH, there is a similar free one at autozone. They read codes for free.
The key here is not to turn off the check engine light, but, rather, to find out what is causing it and fix the problem.
Jeff

In addition to other responses..... including the one alluding to spam activity and just to help reduce the number of suckers.....
Clearing codes to turn off the CEL wont get you a "pass".... clearing codes also clears system monitors which sets a DTC P1000. This code alerts the inspector and also nets a "fail" during the test. The only way the diagnostic monitors will complete (which will get rid of the P1000 automatically), is to drive the car.
Now.... since the CEL is "on", there is a concern that will keep one or more monitors from completing...
And we are right back to "why not just get the damned thing fixed?".

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

why not pull out the bulb?
Because, Einstein, the lamp will not prove out at key on... which is an automatic "fail"....
What's with all of these guys that come into a public venue and say "I'm gonna crap in everyones back yard"?