Chinese cars and Chinese products

I have always tried to buy "Made in America" products so when I bought my first brand new car I only looked at Chevrolet and Ford cars. I decided to
buy a Ford Granada over a Chevrolet Monte Carlo and have never regretted my decision. I won't buy a Gerrman, Swedish, Italian, Japanese or Chinese made car because I support the American workers who are still lucky enough to be working in factories all across America. I have never been inside a Wal Mart store but I understand most, if not all, of their merchandise is made in China and a lot of their employees are illegal immigrant Mexicans.
azazel scratch wrote:

Not in Canada :)

That is probably true but in most other variety stores most of the merchandise is made in China also.
I buy certain things from WalMart. One of the most common purchases there is motor oil. What Walmart sells is the same as what everyone else sells. (I'm not talking about the house brand of motor oil) I really cannot get all worked up about local businesses losing me as a customer to Wal Mart because all of the other auto-parts stores and gas stations in the local area that sell motor oil are also national chains.

Most of their employees in this location aren't Hispanic.
Ted
Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

Not all the other auto parts stores and gas stations are national chains. Many auto parts stores are locally owned and a lot of gas stations are independently owned, as well.

What difference does it make? They are people trying to make a living, just like me.

Who would want to do that kind of work, for that kind of money, when one can find work in an air conditioned Wal-Mart distribution center for $15 an hour?
When one drives down I-81, past the Wal-Mart distribution center in Schuylkill County north of Harrisburg, they will see a big sign that says "Workers wanted $14.50 an hour to start, plus benefits. Apply within, NO experience needed will train." Why is it they can not find workers in an economically depressed area? ;)
mike

Mike Hunter wrote:

Having a help wanted sign does not necessarily indicate a position available. It could be a way to collect a list of applications and a very public way to remind employee's that there *is* such a list and that there are people waiting to take their jobs.

The may be your opinion but they are also spending money on newspaper and radio ads, because they are not able to find enough workers ;)
mike

Mike Hunter wrote:

And this negates my point or broadens it to include PR in the local community? Seems to have worked on you.