Considering buying a new F350 in the next few weeks...

Page 2 of 2
If you are looking for diesel power, the E-series still ships with the 6.0
Our local and regional ambulance are using a different service provider
(read that as cheaper) so I can't speak with much authority regarding the current crop of 6.0s. Ford still appears to be the bus of choice and, of our local EMS providers, none have approached us for warranty repairs.
We are a light duty dealer and don't handle anything bigger than F550.
If it were up to the environuts and the EPA the only vehicles we will able to buy in the future will be the midget and small cars and trucks that American buyers do not want to buy.

"Environuts"... cute term.... I imagine you as young... too young to know what started the move to emissions control devices... or I imagine you as old.... too old to remember why we found these devices necessary....
If you fit neither one of these profiles, I can only assume that you have adopted one point of view I have yet been able to resolve... My head will not fit up my ass far enough to believe that we do not need emissions control devices.
For everything else there is some wierd bastard with a name that he thinks is cute... even though it is overused to the point of needing a number on the end....
Let me guess... you wear an earring to make yourself "stand out" from the "crowd".

If you want to save money, I would look for a used one. I bet a lot of contractors and other folks have ones from the last few model years going for cheap.
Jeff
If he wanted cheap he should buy a ten year old truck. LOL
wrote:

If you want to save money, I would look for a used one. I bet a lot of contractors and other folks have ones from the last few model years going for cheap.
Jeff

It was a suggestion. Many late-model trucks that are in excellent condition are available. I doubt that the OP wants to spend more money than necessary. Whether a late-model used vehicle would meet his needs is up to him to decide. I just offered him the suggestion.
Jeff

good prices in the USA right now. Some are coming for sale up here in Canada - still at very attractive prices.
in article 49e1ec94$0$11646$ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.usenetmonster.com, Pete C. at snipped-for-privacy@snet.net wrote on 4/12/09 6:29 AM:

diesel ... great choice ... easy 400k miles durability.
easy care ... glow plugs ... fuel/oil filters ... change the oil until you have get baby some new shoes.
i would go for the Auto Transmission... all of the new ones are 4 speed.
Also .. think about getting used.
Prices are great in that market ...
new gets you a warrenty if you are in to hard service.
When Transmission fluid gets changed ... think about going Chevy .. Synthetic ATF. It is almost as good as Red Line .. and lots cheaper.
Took my Autotrans 400 miles to adjust to the S/ATF .. and runs so great with bio-diesel smooothing out the engine as well.
Up notches the performance profile big time and dollar wise given fuel prices.
sumbuddie hopes that helps
:?
"Alan B. Mac Farlane" wrote:

5 speed auto actually.

It will be doing a 3,400mi RT fully loaded and towing a few weeks after I get it.

I've been doing synthetic on most everything for years. I expect the new truck will get a few hundred miles on whatever oil comes in it and I'll do a change with synthetic a few days before the big trip. I don't think I'll change ATF that early though.