Cooling fluid in oil - T-bird 5.0

The reason of this might be cooling fluid which had to much water and might be frozen. Result is that car was unstable on low rpm, than it was hard to start, I've checked an oil and there was light-brown fluid like a glue (very high level), now it's not possible to start engine.

I need some advice what might happen? Is there a chance to fix it without removing engine?? To the last minutes engine had run silent, so probably nothing was broken (because of frozen fluid)

Car T-bird '91 5.0

Thanks

Mark PL

Reply to
Maro

Hate to bear bad news... if the engine is "frozen", that is likely water in the chamber.. typical of blown head gasket. easy to tell by pulling plugs.

The heads should both be removed and gaskets replaced, at minimum oil drained replaced, drained again.

You likely have bearing damage due to water...should all be replaced as well, so the LEAST thing to do is run a good quality Syntetic oil to lessen the likelihood of oil coking on bearings and seizing them.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks, I hope it's typical case as you said, and gaskets are to replace. I was afraid that engine block cold be broken. Which bearing could be damage?? how to check if bearing was damage??

Yestarday I removed all Air intake, wather was even in an air-filter. Any advice regarding removing injecktors: separetly or together with this "aluminium part betwen cylinders"(I don't know english world for this)

Mark PL

Reply to
Maro

separtely, marked

You're goingto need a book for this.

Backyard Mechanic

All of them could be..

Have to remove and tear down engine to see... or roll dice to bet that little damage done, run all Mobil 1 synthetic or equiv. after flush of engine with clean oil

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Do yourself a BIG favour, and just get a new crate engine for it to start with instead of wasting time and money on the old engine, which, in all likelihood WILL start to knock in a couple of weeks.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce