Dies after jump start cable disconnect

Page 2 of 2
The battery was a 5 year old Titanium from Advance. The alternator was OEM and I found out the car actually has 190000 miles not my original quote of 90000.
Sharky wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Ah... brushes wore out. Will happen between 165 and 200,000
you pay..DEAL with it!

Funny you should ask that...I'm not the OP, but you made me think of something funny (well not to me, but you can laugh).
My 96 Windstar had the original battery in it until last year. 9 years old. Never heard of such a long life. Every fall for the last several years I thought I ought to replace it, but never did. It never gave me a reason to.
Oddly enough I indirectly killed it when I jumped my old Toyota when I sold it to a guy for a few hundred bucks.
Got a spark when disconnecting the cables and killed the alternator, took the battery with it soon after. I spent all the money the guy gave me and then some fixing it.
I'll always wonder how long that battery might have lasted...
Tom
Tom Duller wrote:

I recall seeing with my own eyes a 1974 Dodge Dart with the original Mopar battery in 1989. It would still start the car as long as the motor didn't have to turn more than about 3 times (summer of course). The need for a tune up found, and of course doomed, the battery. Little old lady, etc...