F150 stalls while driving

Hi: I've got an 88 F150 that I replaced the starter and solenoid two weeks ago. Afterwards when I drove for about 10-15 minutes it would
cough (jolt) 2-3 times then run OK. This week after driving for about the same amount of time it has just quit. After pulling to the side of the road and waiting about 10 minutes it started right up. Seemed like the engine got flooded. Could this be the O2 sensor or do you have other suggestions. I appreciate the help as it isn't too cool having the engine cut off while going down the highway. Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@leggassociates.com wrote:

I cant imagine any O2 sensor failure that would result in the engine dying... rememebr that the most needlessly replaced item under the hood is the O2 sensor
Since ALL F-150's have exactly the same engine... Oh, wait, they dont do they!
However, your problem is most likely the ignition module mounted on the side of the distributor. Go to Autozone or other, get a ford ign module tool, remove it and check the grease... if it's dry and caky, replace the module and lube with appropriate heat sink grease.
If it's not dry and caky it still may be the problem but, you would need to check for spark while cranking/no-start to determine
you pay..DEAL with it!
I have a similar problem with my 1988 Ford 460 engine... it starts up quickly in the morning, I can drive it for an hour or all day, and every now and then, at low speeds, like sitting at a signal light, the engine stalls, then it is reluctant to start, it takes a few attempts to get it to start, what could causing this problem? Thanks Dave