electrical problems after emission test

I just had an emission test done today on a Ford pickup. After the test I noticed that the daytime running light were flashing off and on. I had a Suzuki swift do the same thing after an emission test. Has anyone else had this problem after an emission test? Your input into this is very much appreciated. Thank You in advance for all who reply

Reply to
horsewoman

Exactly what was done for the test? They usually just plug in a tester and check for codes. This shouldn't cause problems. Sometimes, they may also run a dyno-type test and physically measure emissions.

Anyways, I don't see how this would have anything to do with the DRL's. I don't believe they are tied into the computer in any way. It's usually just a simple relay and dimmer tied into the headlight circuit.

Are you certain your DRL's were working properly BEFORE the test? People often 'discover' problems after some government test that actually existed long before.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann