Ontario Emission DriveClean Test

Could someone please tell me if you own a 1987 vehicle, on which day it will qualify to be exempted from the Ontario DriveClean emission test? Does it mean that Jan 1, 2007? Or does it mean Jan 1, 2008 when it will be exempted?

Reply to
Joseph

"Joseph" wrote in news:1158199464.969993.96430 @p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

It is exempt when it is 20 model years old. The last year for testing 1987 models is this year.

It's all here:

Click on "FAQ: Historic vehicles..."

Reply to
TeGGeR®

So, like some of our states, if it is old and pollutes a lot, you can let it get older, pollute even more and we'll make it exempt.

A few weeks ago, I was on a two lane road, no place to pass, following a mid-70's Old. I was actually getting sick from the fumes and had to drop back quite a bit to get some clean air.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:Uj3Og.638$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

Problem is, 20-year old cars make up perhaps 1% of the cars on the road. And most of those are not daily drivers.

Are you aware that the air is 57% cleaner in absolute terms now than it was in 1970? That's in spite of a 153% increase in vehicular traffic. The US federal EPA says so and you could look it up.

Including 20+ cars is pure politics and social engineering. It accomplishes nothing except make those cars more expensive and problematic to own, which is the point.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"TeGGeR®" wrote in news:Xns983DE9CB1E86Btegger@

207.14.116.130:

All of this guilt trip over driving your car is to divert public attention from the WORST air polluters.....jet airplanes and power plants, the worst of the worst corporate polluters.

Delta Airlines' jet fuel buyer was on MSNBC discussing fuel prices with the stock broker talking heads complaining this was eating into profits becuase JUST DELTA AIRLINES BURNED 9.4 BILLION GALLONS IN 2004!

If we're REALLY interested in air quality, we need to turn off the oil burners that make my patio black with soot and build NUCLEAR power plants....

I'm doing my part with my 33-year-old Mercedes 220 Diesel, shortly I hope:

At one corner near my home, I've already gotten commitments for over 190 gallons of used frying oil per WEEK!...FREE! Jabulon's oil barons can kiss my ass!

Reply to
Larry

JUST DELTA AIRLINES BURNED 9.4 BILLION GALLONS IN 2004!

Thanks for doing your part to help the environment. If more people were like you, the Earth would be a lot better off. As it is, people put more effort into planning their weekly TV viewing schedules than thinking about energy, conservation, saving the Earth. My brother had an '85 Mercedes 300TD wagon and he ran veggie oil in it. Some idiot ran into him and totaled it though. He's looking for a 1970's 240D now. He was thinking of starting a co-cop for used veggie oil. We were to process it, and sell it in like 10 gallon containers. They could take the containers home and use them as needed. Then bring the containers back to get refilled.

Reply to
grappletech

If the vehicle is 1987 and older it will be exempt since its last required testing was 2 yrs ago. If the vehicle is 1988 and newer it will have to be tested until it reaches the federally reconized age to classify as "antique" which is 30 years old. So my 89 chev "B" body wagon has to be tested until 2019.

Of course this is also dependant on where you live some regions still dont have to do testing.

Snow...

Joseph wrote:

Reply to
Snow

Reply to
Joseph

grappletech wrote in news:1158212770_23479 @sp6iad.superfeed.net:

Am I the only one to notice how CLEAN and BLUE the sky was in the week after 9/11 when they grounded them all? Not one word, of course, was said about it on any of the Propaganda News Channels the corporations run from Airline ad money.

Of course, that also stopped the chemical seeding in all those contrails. Go to google and put

contrails seeding

into the search engine. There's thousands of websites, now.....and great movies on the subject.

HAARP weapon - be very afraid.

Cars aren't polluting the planet beyond repair any more than 2-stroke outboard motors are polluting the lakes to death.

Reply to
Larry

"Snow" wrote in news:1158236983.266810.81240 @p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

Wonder how many of those Plymouth K cars I see on The Red Green Show are still riding around Canada....covered in duct tape...(c;

Reply to
Larry

wrong. wrong wrong. a quote from that very same driveclean web-site mentioned in the first response:

The exemption for 20-year-old light-duty vehicles is ending as we begin to focus more on the vehicles most likely to pollute. All cars,

1988 model year and newer, will require emissions testing until they are taken out of service. These vehicles would have had their last test for registration renewal in 2007, when they were 19 years old. They will now need to continue to be tested in 2009 and ever two years after that.

sorry to bear bad news...thehick

Reply to
thehick

The only "ONLY" reason for the E-Test, is a money grab for the government!!!

Reply to
Zteve20

It was mentioned on one of the 5 year memorial TV shows... but they were talking about how remarkably clear the skies were at the time of the WTC attack, not after the planes were grounded.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Larry wrote in news:Xns983E6B40AD3B3noonehomecom@208.49.80.253:

Post hoc ergo propter hoc. Common logical error.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"Snow" wrote in news:1158236983.266810.81240 @p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

No, its last required testing is this year. The OP will discover this when he goes to get his annual sticker.

In Ontario, you get your sticker renewal notice about 90 days in advance, giving you lots of time to get something done about it.

Wrong. There is no such DriveClean definition as "antique". Read the DriveClean website's description. The ONLY allowance for emissions exemption for a post-'87 car is "historic vehicle". And with the advent of Premier McSquinty, THEY tell YOU what constitutes a "historic vehicle. Simply achieving 30 years old does *NOT* make a car ipso facto exempt from smog checks.

Now if we throw McSquinty's Commies out in the next election, maybe we can coax the the next bunch of wanna-be despots into reinstating the 20- year rolling exemption... Hey guys, remember this at the polls.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

That's great for conserving our resources but how clean is the exhaust coming out of that car?

Al

Reply to
ajtessier

"Michael Pardee" wrote in news:SNydnRVBR49aeJTYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@sedona.net:

The sky over Charleston, SC, here on the trailing edge of the Westerlies, went from its normal whitish grey with purple sunsets to the most beautiful blue I think I've ever seen in my 60 years. It stayed that way until the day AFTER they filled the skys with oil burners, again. I haven't seen it since.

One of the jobs I used to do is run a mobile calibration laboratory for EIL Instruments, a government electronics contractor. We towed a trailer lab from FAA site to site calibrating their test equipment. One Sunday, we ended up stranded at the FAA long range radar facility near Benson, NC, in the Eastern corridor, a radar with a 300 mile range. I sat around on my day off with the duty technicians in the radar room. They have a test station, a full radar operating station you can see all the targets, IFF targets FAA calls "Beacons", for about 300 miles in all directions from the huge multimegawatt S-band radar beast rotating overhead. A computer controls it all and presents the targets and you can put the cursor over one of them and get all kinds of information from the beacon system. The radar counted the targets on this Sunday afternoon in about

1980-81 in central NC. There were over 380 targets painted on that screen, the REAL polluters of the air over North Carolina, a huge cluster of oil burners.

It's not your car......

Reply to
Larry

"ajtessier" wrote in news:qrmOg.142280 $ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Oh, I'm sure if we read the oil company sponsored reports it will completely cover the planet in 3" of frying oil in about 3 weeks, if allowed to continue.....

Does it matter whether I burn 21 gallons of it over 1300 miles in the Benz or the recovery company sells it to the electricity corporations to burn in the power plant?

Pollution - Watching the Space Shuttle launch from Charleston, SC.....

Reply to
Larry

"If your car is a 1987 or earlier model, it leaves the program permanently when it is 20 years old."

"2006 testing year. vehicles required to be tested: 2001 1999 1997 1995 1993 1991 1989 1987 "

Take your car in this year and your done with the cash grab forever....

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

re-read the site... everything 1987 and older is excempt after the

2006 year..

Like I said... 1988 and newer have to go and betested until they reach historic staus.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow