Escort Ignition Problems?

Have a 1991 Ford Escort, 1.9l SEFI, 5 Speed Manual. By just depressing the clutch pedal, not turning the key, it will crank but won't start. Will
start by doing the same with the key on. Starts and runs fine, but most of the lights on the dash board are on. You can also crank when it's running, (using clutch pedal again) engaging the starter drive into the flywheel. Hope this is just the electrical business at the end of the lock cylinder. Any opinions? TIA
Dave opined

That would be my guess... I doubt it's RIGHT at that end of the cylinder.. but it's on the column and dont be surprised if you see the switch housing has separated.