Re: 91 Escort wont fire

First you say it won't turn over, then you say it cranked...

So the starter runs and turns the engine over, but it doesn't actually fire and run?

When was your timing belt last changed?

-Steve

I was driving my 91 Escort 1.9L on a residential road when I lost all engine > power. It just stalled. I tryed starting it again and again but nothing. > Towed it home. Check all spark plugs and they are all fine, Battery has > plenty of juice, Gas tank is Full, but it wont turn over. > > I removed a spark plug and inserted a paper towel in the hole, cranked it > over and the towel came out bone dry. No fuel seems to be getting to the > engine. > > I checked the fuel cut off switch in the rear panel and it did not seem to > be on. I pushed down on the button but it was already down. > > So I have Fuel, Spark, Compression, and Power but it wont start. > > Any ideas?? > >
Reply to
Steve Reinis