Extreme Braking Problems!!!!!!!11

I am currently working on my brothers 92 Ford Escort. When I first go it it had no brakes at all. I found a leak in the lines so I replaced it. Next I
put in a new master cylinder. Now I have a great build in pressure until I start it. Then the pedal goes straight to the floor and there is just enough brake to bring the car to a stop. I work on Heavy trucks so I know alot about air systems but these hydrolic ones really through me for a loop.
HERMIT7 wrote:

you most likely still have air in it somewhere. Try bleeding the master first then hit all the wheels.
If you replaced a steel line, then you probably have a pocket of air trapped midway between the master cylinder and the wheels. You will have to get a pressure bleeder that can supply a constant flow of fluid through the system until all the air is pushed out.