F-150 low RPM miss

I have a 1998 F-150 and my friend has a 1997 F-150, both with 4.2l engines and E-4OD transmissions. Both have a miss in the engine at about the time that
the transmission shifts into OD while going down the highway. This is the only time that the miss occurs; if you really get on it or are travelling high speed, there is no problem. Anyone with ideas?