Fiesta Zetec 1.4 Water in engine

Hi all I have just had my car into a local garage in Liverpool as the engine was "chugging" He had previously replaced the plugs and HT leads
He told me that water was getting in via the crankcase housing (via the bolts they put in when they make the casing (he showed me the rust that had built upalong the sides) He phoned the local Ford dealership as he had 2 previous Fiesta's with this problem and they gave him a "fix"
Unfortunately He couldnt get the bolts out, they just wouldnt move. He referred me to The local Ford Dealership to see if they knew how to resolve this So the question is: Has anybody else had this problem ? and if so how did you fix it and what did it cost? I have checked to see if there is a recall but was told no regards BK

What probably will have to be done is (assuming the bolts are in an iron casting) is to take a oxy-acedeline torch, heat the bolt with it up pretty hot, then let it cool just a bit and then try unbolting.
If the bolts are steel in aluminum then you can try the heat trick but when the bolt comes out, the threads will come with it, you will have to disassemble everything around it, then drill and tap with a helicoil.
Ted

BK

Heh - you must have meant mortgage equity line of credit application. ;-)
Honestly, I cannot imagine spending the money on a Fiesta. Didn't these come with a 2 page repair manual that said: "Directions to repair vehicle; open trash dumpster, insert car"
Ted

BK