Ford F150 4x4 4.6l computer code: P401 <- sorry

I have a 1997 Ford F150 4x4 pickup

4x4, a/t, with 65K miles on it. Service engine light came on: P401 Exhuast Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected.
Reply to
partsmore

It will come back, the egr ports might be clogged with carbon, or the egr valve itself. That or the DPFE sensor is bad. Make sure you are getting vacuum to the egr valve as well. My 2000 Taurus wagon w/ 45k miles has this at the moment. I scanned it with an OBD-II device I have. I turned off the MIL but it came back later the same day. Apparently a very common problem on my model Taurus. Try google I found some good links on this DTC P0401 code explaining how to fix this. I have not myself but when I get around to it I do plan on cleaning any carbon out first before spending $75 on a new DPFE sensor. Good luck!

Matt

Reply to
sleepdog