Diagnostic Code Reader for 1993 Ford F150

Can anyone tell me where to buy an inexpensive diagnostic code reader for a 1993 Ford F150 4.9L 6 cylinder, auto, 2wd, ac? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Gary

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:43:50 -0700, Gary rearranged some electrons to form:

Since this is a vehicle made before OBD-II, you can read the codes out with an analog voltmeter.

Reply to
David M

The cheapest reader is simply a short piece of wire.

If you want a $35 reader, go to Advance Auto Parts or Autozone or Sears.

Do not buy an OBD-II reader -- that engine uses an EEC-IV computer (aka OBD-I) and doesn't implement the OBD-II interface. OBD-II only applies to 1996 and newer vehicles.

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson