Ford Festiva Screaching? BRAKE?

Festiva screaching? I have a 1993 Ford Festiva. Everyday when I leave to go to work, at the first 2 stop signs there is a screaching sound when I use the brakes.
Then there isn't any noise after that until I come home. But not as much as the morning. Sometime when I stop at the store there is a liitle screach when I apply brake first time. I had brakes checked at Midas and they couldn't find anything wrong. ANY IDEAS???
Stephen wrote:

Are the brakes new? What kind of brakes? I have semi-metallic brakes that inherintly squeal at all stops (I guess that the price to pay, for long lasting brakes) and this is normal. Maybe your brakes just need to be warmed up, from sitting all night...to get the settled residue off the pads and rotors. In the morning right when you start the car, make a few moderate full stops. Then when you get to your stop signs the sqealing should be gone but if you have semi, or full metallic brakes then in that case you will have squealing ALL THE TIME! and as bad as your brakes sounds its all normal.