Festiva and Mazda 323

Will the engine from a Mazda 323 (1.6 L) fit into a Festiva with a 1.3 L? Someone told me the 2 cars used the same engine. Is that correct? John

Reply to
John

Well.. if they used the SAME engine, wouldnt it be the same size?

Chuck

Reply to
Zex0s

Perhaps I should have said the "same block" i.e. would the Mazda bolt up to the Festiva transaxle. John

Reply to
John

Since 1991, the 323 shares components with the Escort.

Reply to
Pygoscelis Papua