Ford Fiesta Starting Problem

PLEASE HELP !!! Its a 51 plate fiesta 1.3 basic model, every time I start it the turn the key engine cranks over but will not fire I have to hold the key to the starting position and after a couple of atempts
it will finally start, in meantime while this is happening all the instruments on the dash are going haywire. ???? Has anyone encountered this problem before ? Grateful for any help. Thanks Nicola

A 1951 model ! No "computers here" Put a fresh plug on boot #1, ground it & see if there's fire. If so, shoot a little lighter fluid in the cylinder. If it starts briefly then it may mean that gas is not getting to the engine & a carburetor overhaul may be in order.
Hi , Thanks I will try that, 51 plate means it was made in the 2nd half of 2001. Thanks Nicola
"Shawn" wrote:
message > > > PLEASE HELP !!! It's a 51 plate fiesta 1.3 basic model, > every time I > > start it the turn the key engine cranks over but will not > fire I have > > to hold the key to the starting position and after a couple > of atempts > > it will finally start, in meantime while this is happening > all the > > instruments on the dash are going haywire. ???? Has anyone > encountered > > this problem before ? Grateful for any help. Thanks > > Nicola > > A 1951 model ! No "computers here" Put a fresh plug on boot > #1, ground it & see if > there's fire. If so, shoot a little lighter fluid in the > cylinder. If it starts briefly then it may > mean that gas is not getting to the engine & a carburetor > overhaul may be in order.
Thread archive: