Ford OEM extended life cold air induction filter?

Hi all....we just purchased a pair of 2006 Focuses (foci?) and I am pretty used to doing my own maintence... I notice that both vehicles use a Visteon's Air Induction System with
Emissions Control system that have a foam air filter that is supposed to last the life of the engine...or about 150,000 miles. Anyone have any problems with these type of air filter? My own online research indicates they have been used for years in commercial vehicles and motorcycles with good results. Thanks.