Ford Paint ???

I have a 1987 Ford Thunderbird and am buying a part for the front end. I would like to paint the part to match my like new paint that was on the car but i can not find a after market paint by just the paint code. does
anyone know what color 63D is? I am trying to avoid the high cost of the Ford House.
Thx
<| ////////\\\\\\\\ /// \\\
<| ////////\\\\\\\\ /// \\\
Your code doesn't show up in Dietzler or Sherwin Williams, but you can do this backwards. Try this site for a not very accurate color swatch but useable manufacturer codes. http://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/makepaint2.cgi
Happy modeming, Bill

thank you Bill. seems i have one of those hard to find colors! i will have to look in books to find it. thanks again,
<| ////////\\\\\\\\ /// \\\
Any automotive paint shop can mix the exact color you need. Unless of course you are looking to do the job with spray cans ;)
mike hunt
1987 T-Bird wrote:

would they mix it for me to shoot on my self? I have done most ork my self. new motor ect. but i would like to shoot the paint too. if they mix for me to shoot then i think it is worth the try. i can take the part iremoved so they can match. right?
<| ////////\\\\\\\\ /// \\\
They will gladly sell the paint to do whatever you wish.
mike hunt
1987 T-Bird wrote:

And more than likely when you paint it it won't match up due to the age of the old paint unless it has been very well taken care of. Might want to just choose a color you like and give your car makeover.
Actually the car was just repainted in the last year. spoke with the ford house and they told me the code i had was the xterior trim code. and told me what numbers/leters to look at. they even told me where to get the paint and said to take the part i took off so they can match it. thank you everyone for the help. i felt better after here when i was able to talk to the body shop at the ford house and have a lil more knowledge than i did.
thank you
63D doesnt show up as a legit paint color. Heres a list of available paint codes from your year. Hope it helps.
0A Black 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 0B Daimond White 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 0G Antique Bronze Metallic (Mica) 89 0K Gitane Blue Metallic 89 0O Regal Red Metallic 87** 0P Radiant Red 89 0Q Mercury/Blue Grey Metallic 87 0R Rosso Red 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 0S Sand Gold Metallic 89 0T Azure Blue Metallic 86, 87 0U Crystal Blue Metallic 87, 88 0V Strato Silver Metallic 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 01 Magenta Red Metallic(Mica) 88, 89 03 Paris Blue Metallic 85 04 Regency Red Metallic 85, 86, 87*
the bronze metalic sounds about right. it looks brown but in the sunlight it looks gold, because of the metalic in it. thank you,
oh i foregot. i am going to double check the sticker in the door pannel to make sure i did not grab the wrong numbers
thanks again