Front disc brakes, 94 TBird

I'm gonna inspect the brakes, maybe have the rotors turned, so I pull the front wheel.
The pc svc. manual instructs:
Remove lower disc brake caliper locating pin.
Rotate front disc brake caliper approximately 90 degrees away from anchor assembly. Slide front disc brake caliper away from front disc brake caliper anchor plate until front disc brake caliper disengages from upper disc brake caliper locating pin.
Another manual sez a Torx T-40 will allow removal of the pin. A T-40 feels way too loose. It *feels* like a 1/4" hex-drive is in the ballpark, but it looks like a Torx. Of course, it's tighter than the proverbial cat's arse, even after much liquid-wrench.
If anybody knows what tool will properly/safely break such fastener, i'd appreciate hearing. I've tried all the normal stuff. Hesitate to use an allen wrench, fear it'll strip.
Thanks, Wilfred
Wilfred Xavier Pickles wrote:.

I think the torx wrench looks like an allen wrench, cept it has 6 or 8 points in it for more grip surface.
In either case, you can go down to the parts store and pick up a proper sized torx stem on sayyyy a 1/2 inch drive socket ... pop it on your socket wrench how ever that will fit in the job situation, and even if you have to use a breaker bar and lean on it a little bit ... it will come right out. Listen for the crack of a safe release ... if it moves and not talk ... might be more problems going on that gargage mechanic will not touch for lack of knowledge and tools ... that sometimes only ford has these tools.
sumbuddie hopes that helps
:?
Wilfred Xavier Pickles wrote:

A T-40 is the right size. Perhaps the wrong tool has been used in the past, enlarging the opening? Maybe time to replace the pins with new ones ?
Steve 95 T-Bird LX 4.6

For yours, maybe.
A T-45 grabs a little on mine, but probably not enough to break the threads. Maybe (perhaps, and if the moon is in the right position) it's a T-50.

Doesn't seem likely. Last work was pad replacement by a pro-brakeman 20k mi. ago. No apparent problem. It doesn't look mangled.

Maybe time to buy a properly designed and engineered cah-cah, if one existed in time and space.