H E L P OVERDRIVE FLASHING

I have a 99 Explorer with just at 100K. I bought it new and had the trans. serviced at about 42K. Yesterday on a trip home the overdrive light on the dash started flashing. I stopped the Explorer and shut
the motor off. Restarted and drove another 300 miles with the light never coming back on. Should I be concerned, or is a time bomb ticking?? Thanks, Beth
Drive it to a trans repair shop while you still can! My experience is with a '95 Winstar so, possibly it does not apply in your case but, I'll relate anyway!
I have had the O.D flashing 3 times Always the same. Shut it off & restart it & no flash for a couple of hundred miles. End result all three times was a dead trans. After the flashing, you'll start to see oil under the car, then on the tailgate then, it just stops pulling at all my first incident (70K miles) resulted in trans rebuild @ $1,700 2nd (92K miles) Ford rebuilt the Converter (only $900) 3rd (100K miles) they replaced the trans (no charge, after a lot of flack from me) I'm now @ 145K w/ no problems